If your son is a reluctant reader and just can’t seem to find a good book, I would like to make some recommendations that should prove interesting and worthwhile for these types of readers.
These books are now available at St. Patrick School Library and are geared for grades four through eight, but by no means are limited to only boys’ interests.
(In no particular ranking order)
- Theodore Boone: Kid Lawyer, a book written by John Grisham for young readers
- You Wouldn’t want to be
- Football Hero by Tim Green
- Summer Ball by Mike Lupica
- End of Time: Crispin Book 3 by Avi (or other two previous Crispin books)
- Ultimate Weapon: Race to Develop the Atomic Bomb
- Lord of the Rings Trilogy (including The Hobbitt)
- Warriors series, latest being “Omen of the Stars” by Erin Hunter
- Artemis Fowl series
- Ranger’s Apprentice series (very popular with boys and girls of middle school age)
- Dark Water Rising by Marion Hale
- Lawn Boy by Gary Paulsen
- 101 Reasons to Love Notre Dame Football
If you would like any further book recommendations for your son, I would be happy to give you other suggestions based on his particular likes.
It is my goal to make all St. Pat’s students enthusiastic readers!
Mrs. Christine Hoover
choover azATza stpatsparish azDOTza org